Tuesday 22 November 2011

Motion track test



These few days I focus on learning how to track a shot by using boujou. Boujou is a professional match moving software.Therefore it will be a strong helper for my future project. I will compare boujou with camera tracker which is an after effects plugin made by The Foundry. Boujou is more professional and mature while camera tracker is more handy cause it is set into after effects.
When I did this test some issues came out and I think they are necessary to record here to help us get a nice track.


a. It must be made sure that the project's frame rate in after effects, boujou and cinema 4d (or other 3d software) should keep a same value. For instance, when I invert my video into image sequences in after effects, I need have a look at the frame rate of the video file. If it is 30 fps, I should make sure the frame rate of the image sequence which is imported is 30 before I begin to track in boujou. And after I complete the track work in boujou, I need make sure the frame rate again in my 3d software. It is a critical step to ensure a perfect result.


b. Shaking is the less the better when I shoot.


c. Make some mark on the object which I want to track if it is needed. Because sometimes the object's color is hard to spot in boujou, so I need to make some little mark on it, for example draw some little dot or line. The mark should be small and easy to be covered in 3d software.


_______________________________________________________________


Before trying boujou I did my first motion track test(the below one) by using camera tracker. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment